Hosting family for Easter breakfast or brunch? Check this out! Super fun and easy to make, and quite an impressive finished dish!
3 pkg. Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough
Salt and pepper, to taste
10 pieces deli-sliced ham (used half honey ham and half smoked ham)
12 cheese sticks (used half mozzarella and half sharp cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare your pan. Line a large round pizza pan with sprayed parchment. Spray a glass bowl with cooking spray and place it in the middle. The bowl helps the wreath keep shape in the oven.
- Scramble 6 eggs with salt and pepper and take it off the heat as soon as it cooks enough to hold together (it will bake more in the oven). Refrigerate to cool. Use a fork to beat the 7th egg and reserve for egg wash.
- Working with one box of pastry at a time (leave the others in the fridge), cut the puff pastry sheet in half longways. Brush top side with beaten egg.
- Starting with the cheese, place a row of cheese sticks along the long edge. The row should be 2 cheese sticks wide. Roll up the dough to form 2 long cheese stuffed dough logs. Place in the fridge.
- Next, pull out another box of dough, and do the same thing, this time using rolled up ham slices. Chill in the fridge.
- Lastly, take the 3rd dough out and repeat the same process using the cooled (it’s ok if they’re not fully chilled) scrambled eggs. Place logs in the fridge.
- Remove all 6 stuffed dough logs from the fridge. Place the 2 parts of each log end to end. Now you have a super long cheese log, a super long egg log and a super long ham log lying next to each other. Pinch to attach the 3 logs at one end. Working as quickly as you can, braid tightly.
- Pinch ends together. Carefully transfer the long braid (another set of hands helps!) to the prepared sheet, shape it in a circle around the bowl in the middle and brush well with egg wash for gorgeous color. Bake for 40-45 minutes. You may want to leave it in the turned off oven if it’s still doughy in some places.