This Grilled Caprese Flatbread is the perfect appetizer made with delicious fresh tomatoes, basil and creamy mozzarella cheese. The balsamic glaze is the final touch that brings all of these delicious flavors together.
1 pkg. Wewalka Flatbread Dough
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper, to taste
16 oz. mozzarella cheese, sliced
4-5 roma tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey
- In a small saucepan set to medium-low heat, stir balsamic vinegar and honey together. Allow mixture to come to a gentle boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching, or until reduced by almost half. Balsamic reduction is done when it coats the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Prepare sliced mozzarella cheese, basil and sliced tomatoes on a tray and place near grill for easy access.
- Unroll refrigerated Flatbread Dough and brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer the dough to the grill with parchment side up. Allow the dough to cook until stable and parchment can easily be peeled off the top.
- Once paper is removed, allow to cook until lightly browned on the bottom. Flip over with a pair of tongs and spread all toppings on top. Turn down the heat and close the lid until cheese is melted.
- Once all cheese is melted, remove from the grill, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.