These Homemade Berry Pop Tarts have a flaky, buttery crust and are filled with homemade jam and topped with an easy glaze. So delicious, so easy and way better than store-bought!
2 pkg. Wewalka Pie Crust
1/2 cup blueberry jam (homemade or store-bought)
1/2 cup strawberry jam (homemade or store-bought)
2 Tbsp. cornstarch (divided)
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp. whole milk (more if needed)
Fresh fruit to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Unroll your pie crust slightly until it reaches about 8x9 inches. I cut the end pieces off, as well as the top and bottom pieces until I had three 3x8 square pieces for each pie crust. Please note that you don’t have to go through all of that math! You can definitely just roll out the pie crust slightly, use a pizza cutter to slice off the edges and then make squares that look even to you.
- In a medium bowl, add your blueberry jam and a Tbsp. of cornstarch. Mix together. Repeat the same thing with another bowl and strawberry jam.
- Add about one and a half Tbsp. of jam to the middle of the pie crust square. Brush egg wash around the edges of this to help “glue” the pastry shut. Now, carefully place the other side of the pastry on top of the side with jam.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges shut. Poke 3-4 holes in the middle of the pastry to allow air to escape. Use the rest of the egg wash to brush over the entirety of each pop tart.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then let cool completely on a cooling rack. While the pop tarts are cooling, mix the glaze. Start with about 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1-2 Tbsp. of milk. Mix together until there are no lumps. If it's too thin, add more powdered sugar. Too thick? Add more milk until desired consistency is reached.
- When your pop tarts have fully cooled, drizzle them with icing. If desired, add blueberries or strawberries on top. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!