The perfect, unexpected treat to celebrate harvest time.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and soak craft sticks in water for 30 minutes. Dry well before using.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth, using an electric mixer. Add egg, blending until incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
4. Bake the pumpkin mixture in a small baking dish until set, about 25 minutes. It should be somewhat firm and should not jiggle too much. Refrigerate mixture to set it even further.
5. Unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Doughs. Using the round cutter, cut out 18 circles and place half on the baking sheet, utilizing the parchment paper from the dough. Allow one inch in between rounds and leaving room for the popsicle sticks.
6. Place a craft stick on each round, about 1 in. from top of dough. Spoon about 1 tsp. of the filling into the center of each round. Place a second round on top and use a fork to seal the edges.
7. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake until brown, about 12-14 minutes. Cool completely before attempting to pick up, as they must stabilize.
8. Serve with chai whipped cream. To make, place whipping cream in a mixing bowl. Add confectioners’ sugar and spices and whip until stiff.