This flatbread is lovely when paired with red wine: a quick & light dinner after a hard day at work!
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Unroll the refrigerated Flatbread Dough and, keeping it on the parchment paper, place on a baking sheet. Rub the top with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt.
3. Bake for 12-14 minutes, then remove to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, cut each of the sun dried tomatoes into three strips lengthwise and dab with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
5. Prepare the toasted pine nuts. Pour them onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast them at 375°F for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Or, pour them into a small skillet and place over medium-low heat. Stir frequently and toast for 4-5 minutes. They burn quite easily, so watch them carefully.
6. Once the flatbread is cool enough to handle, rub the hummus over the top, then add the sun dried tomatoes, followed by the pine nuts, scattered over the top. Finally, take the cherry tomatoes and place evenly on the flatbread, cut side up.
7. Serve, or, as an option, preheat broiler to low and place flatbread under broiler for about one minute.
A Pinot Noir is fantastic with this flatbread, especially with the rich flavor of the tomatoes and the earthiness of the hummus.