These samosas are perfectly savory and spicy and make a great appetizer or starter.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Begin by heating the olive oil and butter in a medium sauté pan. When butter is fully melted, cook onion, garlic, and ginger over medium heat until onion is translucent (about 3 minutes). Add the curry, cumin, 1/2 tsp. of the coriander, black pepper, and 1/2 tsp. of the salt; continue to cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Add the potatoes and cover with a lid. Cook until just tender (about 7 minutes), stirring frequently. Add peas and lemon juice, being sure to scrape the tasty brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Transfer the filling to a sheet, spreading it evenly in a thin layer and place in the refrigerator to cool.
3. While the filling is cooling, prepare the sauce by combining the yogurt, mint, and remaining salt & coriander. Set aside.
4. Once the filling is chilled to room temp, roll out the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Cut the pastry into 12 squares (4x3). Brush each square with the egg wash and place 1 Tbsp. of the filling into the center.
5. To shape, fold the square over the filling diagonally, forming a triangle, and crimp the dough with the tines of a fork. Brush the tops with a bit more egg wash.
6. Bake about 15-20 minutes until fluffy and golden brown. Serve warm with yogurt dipping sauce.