Hosting a St. Patrick's Day Party? This green finger food is an eye-catcher and crowd pleaser!
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll refrigerated Flatbread Dough. Freeze the dough on parchment paper and pan for 15 minutes before cutting.
2. Using cookie cutter, cut out 8 shamrocks and place each on parchment paper. Use knife for any stubborn dough. Brush each shamrock with olive oil.Bake for 12 minutes until edges are golden brown and topping is bubbly.
3. Prepare the Pesto: Combine basil leaves (no stems), parsley leaves (no stems), pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and salt in a food processor and process until combined. With the machine running, slowly dribble in the oil until the mixture is smooth. Add the cheese and process just until combined. To prevent the pesto from browning, place it in a bowl and cover with Saran Wrap (touching the pesto) to seal. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Using a small spoon, spread 1 Tbsp. of fresh pesto and a pinch of pepper on each shamrock. Ready to serve warm with dipping sauce.
5. To prepare the Dipping Sauce: Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then turn down low and cook for about 10-15 minutes.