If you've ever had the clam pizza at Pepe's then you know what I'm talking about. (And if you haven't don't knock it til you've tried it.)
1 pkg. Wewalka Bistro Pizza dough
3/4 cup chopped fresh clams
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
Red pepper flakes for serving
Kosher salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Drain the clams, but don’t dry them (you can reserve the juices for another purpose if you like).
- Mix together the freshly drained clams, 3 Tbsp. olive oil, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- Unroll the refrigerated Bistro Pizza dough on its parchment onto a baking sheet. Evenly distribute the clam mixture over the pizza dough, leaving a ¼-in. border all around the edges. Sprinkle over the Pecorino Romano, and lightly season with pepper. Don’t salt at this point, knowing that the clams and cheese might be a bit salty (you can always salt a bit after baking if needed).
- Bake for about 14 minutes, until the dough is baked through and golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley and crushed red pepper, as desired. Cut into wedges and serve hot, with salt on the side if anyone needs it.