Delicious and hearty, this stuffed Puff Pastry will please your family and friends when they want a delicious and satisfying meal.
1 pkg Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough
2 eggs, divided
1 tsp. water
1/2 lb. pork sausage
1 cup stuffing mix, pork
1/2 cup, chopped onion
1/2 cup, chopped green, red or orange peppers
3/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. steak and chop seasoning, your choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat 1 egg and the tablespoon of water together and set aside.
- Cook the onion, peppers and mushrooms in a skillet on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Mix together cooked onion, peppers, mushrooms, sausage, salt, pepper, seasoning, stuffing and 1 egg.
- Unroll the Wewalka Puff Pastry on a cookie sheet. Cuts slits that are 1" apart and 1.5 inches long on both of the long sides of the rectangle puff pastry with a knife or pizza cutter. Spoon the sausage/stuffing mixture down the middle of the puff pastry dough. Starting at one end, fold the strips of puff pastry over the filling, alternating strips on each side to cover the sausage/stuffing mixture. Brush the puff pastry with the egg and water mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and filling is cooked through.
- Cool for 10 minutes and slice to serve. Pork gravy can be spooned over each piece, if you so desire.