This Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is the perfect weekend brunch food! It’s cheesy, loaded with veggies and baked in a perfectly golden brown crust. Delicious!
1 pkg. Wewalka Pie Crust
5 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 large yellow onion, diced
1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
1 and 1/4 cup diced broccoli florets
4 slices bacon (diced into bite size pieces)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Shredded parmesan for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease your 9 inch pie pan with butter or cooking spray. Add your pre-made Wewalka pie crust to the pie pan. Firmly press it into the pan. You can fold down the edges, trim down the edges and either crimp the edges or use a fork and do a design on the side.
- Poke the bottom of the pie crust with a fork several times (this will help air escape and for the pie to not retain moisture).
- Using the parchment paper that came in the Wewalka package (or aluminum foil), cover the entire pie crust (including the edges). Add pie weights, dried beans or dried rice to the middle of the pie crust to help weigh it down. Blind bake the crust for 15 minutes. This makes sure the crust bakes through evenly and that you won't get a soggy crust!
- While the crust is baking, whip up the filling! First, slice your bacon into bite size pieces. In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, fry the bacon until your desired crispiness (about 5 minutes for me). Place on a plate with a paper towel and set aside.
- Next, dice your onion and mince your garlic. To the same pan you just fried the bacon in, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Place on the plate with the bacon and set aside.
- Grate your cheddar cheese (or buy pre-shredded to save time!) and also chop your broccoli into small florets.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs, milk, cream and mix to combine. To this same bowl, add in your cheese, onion, garlic, bacon and broccoli along with salt and pepper. Mix to fully combine.
- By now, your crust should be done blind baking. Carefully remove it from the oven and then gently add in your filling, making sure it is evenly distributed. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling is fully set - not jiggly when you move it. Crust should be golden brown. Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes and then slice and serve. Check your quiche about halfway through the baking process. Sometimes the crust can get a little extra golden too quickly. Be prepared to potentially have to cover the crust with foil to make sure it’s cooked evenly.