Pumpkin Pecan Pie is the ultimate holiday pie recipe to add to your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner plans. Classic pumpkin pie topped with a brown sugar pecan topping leads to the most epic holiday pie ever!
1 pkg. Wewalka Pie Crust Dough
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
2 large eggs
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. fine black pepper
For the pecan layer:
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. melted butter
2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup whole pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll refrigerated Pie Crust and place into pie plate and shape edges.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin pie spice, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix until well combined. Pour into crust.
- In a clean bowl, add eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined. Carefully pour over pumpkin mixture.
- Layer pecan halves over top and cover with parchment paper or foil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for another hour or until both layers are set. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Chill until ready to serve.