This Peppermint Mocha Pie is made with only 9 easy ingredients! It’s silky, extra chocolatey and no bake - so easy. Your favorite holiday coffee drink can now be made into a pie! What could be better?
1 pkg. Wewalka Pie Crust Dough
4 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. espresso powder
1.5 cups white granulated sugar
3 cups whole milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Unroll the refrigerated Pie Crust ad let it sit outside of the fridge for at least 20 minutes to prevent cracking. Next, in your pie pan, press the crust down and crimp your edges.
- Add pie weights or dried rice in aluminum foil in order to help weigh the pie down. Bake the pie crust for 12-15 minutes or until pie edge is golden brown. Remove from the oven and remove the weights carefully. Continue baking for 3-5 minutes, watching carefully to make sure the edges don't burn. Let cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, combine your sugar, cornstarch and espresso powder. Whisk together until combined. Add in your egg yolks and milk. Combine. Place saucepan on medium heat and begin to whisk. Whisk/stir continuously for 6-10 minutes until it becomes thickened like a pudding consistency. When that happens and it begins to bubble/boil, take it off the heat immediately.
- To the pan, immediately add your semisweet chocolate, butter and peppermint extract. Stir together until combined and creamy.
- Pour this pie filling directly into the cooled baked pie crust. Let set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Enjoy with whipped cream and crushed peppermints on top.