Golden brown puff pastry stuffed with creamy garlic and herb Swiss cheese with chicken is a fantastic meal, but also wonderful for parties and potlucks, too.
2 pkg. Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough
1 Tbsp. butter
2/3 cup sweet onion, diced fine
2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
1/2 lb. chicken
8 oz. creamy garlic and herb Swiss cheese
Himalayan or Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 egg for egg wash
- Cook the minced onion in a skillet with the butter on low heat until they are translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more. Turn up the heat to medium and add the diced chicken breast and stir frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add the herb cheese to the chicken and combine well. Set aside the chicken mixture while you work with the puff pastry. Start by unrolling the refrigerated puff pastry on a baking sheet.
- Cut off the excess paper and discard. Using a pastry cutter or knife, cut the puff pastry dough into three equal pieces. Cut each of the three pieces in half so you have six square pieces of dough.
- Add two Tbsp. of the chicken mixture to the center of each square. Use your finger to add a little water to the edge of two sides of the dough. Fold the dough into a triangle and use a fork to crimp the edges. Repeat with each of the squares.
- Brush each triangle with the egg wash. Bake at 350° F until the pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.