This Salted Caramel Apple Galette is an unbelievably easy and delicious dessert idea! Filled with lots of cinnamon apples, stuffed in a buttery pie crust and drizzled with a salted caramel sauce. Don’t forget the ice cream on top!
1 Wewalka Pie Crust
3 cups thinly sliced honeycrisp apples
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. turbinado sugar (divided)
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1/4 cup store-bought caramel sauce
1-2 pinches flaky sea salt
Vanilla ice cream for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Remove the refrigerated Wewalka Pie Crust from the refrigerator and let it sit out for 20 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Slice the honeycrisp apples thinly and add them to a large bowl. To this bowl, add cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. turbinado sugar and juice of ½ of a lemon. Mix gently until apples are evenly coated with this mixture. Roll the Wewalka Pie Crust out onto a baking sheet. Gently place the apples in the middle of the pie crust, leaving 1.5-2 inches of pie crust around the edges available to fold over the apples.
- Take the pie dough and gently fold it over the fruit, pinching the seams each time you fold to make sure the apples are held inside. Gently beat an egg to make the egg wash. Brush the outside crust with the egg wash (be sure not to over-do it - just a light layer works) and then sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of turbinado sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- While it is baking, mix ¼ cup of store-bought caramel sauce with a pinch or two of flaky sea salt. Taste and adjust if you want it more salty.
- Once the galette is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Generously drizzle with the salted caramel sauce and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.