March 15, 2017–Wewalka, a leading European dough producer, is introducing a new refrigerated dough product to the U.S. market - the 1st refrigerated Flatbread dough sold here. This is an addition to a premium line of ready-to-bake dough products that combine authentic European bakery quality with improved convenience and taste. A study in 2014 showed, that 83% of U.S. consumers preferred Wewalka refrigerated dough over their current refrigerated dough brand.*
Wewalka Flatbread Dough and all other dough products in the assortment are prepared in the European bakery tradition with high-quality ingredients and contain no artificial colors or flavors, no bleached flour, no hydrogenated oil and no high-fructose corn syrup. Packaged with a parchment paper liner, these products give consumers a new, more convenient way to make bakery style creations right in their own kitchens.
“Everyone deserves the pleasure of great-tasting baked goods, and Wewalka makes it even easier with our ‘Ready to Roll’ parchment-paper lining in each package,” said Mike D’Addieco, national marketing manager at Wewalka. “The dough rolls out into the perfect shape and thickness. There is no stretching or tearing. There is no need for flour on the counter or messy pan sprays. The parchment paper prevents sticking and keeps the pan clean.”
All Wewalka’s products now come in upscale packaging, and are available in the refrigerated dough section of grocery stores. Besides “Classic Pizza,” the line includes four innovations new to the U.S. market:
- Wewalka Flatbread Dough: It’s the first Flatbread dough sold refrigerated and ready to use. Wewalka Flatbread Dough is made with unbleached, pure wheat flour. Simply unroll the dough on the enclosed parchment paper, then sauce, top and bake or grill. One can easily create an authentic restaurant experience at home!
- Wewalka Danish Pastry Dough: This versatile innovation is the first Danish dough sold in the U.S. It is made of 36 folded layers of sweet yeast dough and is the perfect foundation for baking up croissants, sweet rolls, and other delicious pastries. Whether you fill it, roll it, braid it or top it, Wewalka Danish Dough provides another European classic destined to be an American favorite.
*NFP Research 2014
- Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough: Wewalka Puff Pastry Dough is the first refrigerated puff pastry dough available in U.S. supermarkets. 64 thin layers of dough bake into an exceptionally airy and flaky pastry, ideal for sweet or savory recipes. Unlike frozen competitors, there is no waiting to thaw before use.
- Wewalka Bistro Pizza Dough: Made with European olive oil and real yeast, this thin and crispy crust is the first round refrigerated pizza dough in the U.S.
- Wewalka Classic Pizza Dough: Also made with European olive oil and real yeast, this hearty dough is family-sized, and best-selling.
Wewalka is one of the leading refrigerated dough producers in the world. Headquartered outside Vienna, Austria, the company provides products to more than 30 countries across Europe and Asia, and since 2015 also to the United States. Wewalka is a family-run company driven by a passion for good food and good living. Wewalka never compromises on their recipes and avoids using bromated or bleached flour, animal by-products, high-fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oil. The company remains firmly committed to producing its products in a sustainable and responsible way. For more information, visit www.wewalka.us.
Download Press Release
Barbara Sprick, PR Manager
Wewalka Trading Corp.
6500 Tradewater Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30336
Phone: (470) 719-2108
Cell: (678) 557-6777