These palmiers make a great appetizer or try as a gourmet twist to your normal dinner bread.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. To make the tapenade: Roast 2 red peppers on grill or under broiler until blistered. When cool enough to handle, peel and seed. Coarsely chop and put into food processor with sundried tomatoes (drained), parsley, garlic clove, Kalamata olives, walnuts, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Blend until you have a course tapenade.
3. Unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment paper and cut the pastry in half by making a cut on the long side of the pastry.
4. Spread half the tapenade over one pastry piece, folding in the long edges on each side by approx. 1.5 in. Continue to do this twice more until you have a palmier shape. Brush the pastry with egg wash and then press the two sides together in the center until you have a long roll. Wrap in plastic film and chill in refrigerator. Repeat with second half of pastry.
5. After chilled, remove the pastry from the fridge and with a sharp knife, cut the rolls into approx. 15 slices per roll, laying cut side up on baking sheet and glaze with egg wash.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.