French Toast Lovers.... listen up! With this recipe you can take it one step further.
1. Preheat oven to 360°F.
2. Unroll refrigerated Danish Pastry Dough on enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Cut the dough sheet in 6 equally sized triangles by cutting it in 3 same sized rectangulars first (top to bottom) and then 3 times diagonally. To shape a croissant, start rolling the wide side of the dough triangle towards the pointed side. Place the croissant on the baking sheet with the pointed end on the bottom. Bake for 10-12 min. until golden. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Heat orange marmalade in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add strawberries and cook for four minutes stirring frequently. Remove from flame.
4. Slice cooled croissants in half lengthwise, as if to make a sandwich. Whisk eggs, milk, and cream in flat-bottomed baking dish. Lay croissant pieces in egg mixture, flipping several times as liquid is absorbed.
5. Add canola oil to pan and heat on medium flame. Cook croissant slices until golden brown on each side.
6. Place bottom croissant slices on serving plates. Top with 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Top with croissant tops, add a dollop of whipped cream and finish with a pour of chocolate sauce.