You don't have to be a star to impress with these simple to make Danish Pastry Stars... they're fun!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix together cream cheese with sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and lemon juice.
3. Unroll refrigerated Danish Pastry Dough and cut into 6 squares. Slice the corners of each square diagonally 2-3 in. toward the center leaving a center portion uncut.
4. Spoon 1 1/2 Tbsp. of cream cheese mixture onto the center of each square and spread over the center of the square. Top with 1 Tbsp. of strawberry preserves.
5. Take one of the corner triangle pieces and bring it over the center of the square, creating one star-like edge. Do the same with every other triangle so that end shape resembles a pinwheel star. Lightly press the center together and brush with egg wash.
6. Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes. Remove to cool.
7. Mix icing using 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar with 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1 Tbsp. milk. Drizzle over Danish Stars. Serve.