This recipe takes the best of the season and generously spreads it on top of a crispy pizza. Using our classic pizza dough....
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and position rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Place butternut squash and garlic head (flesh side up) on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Flip squash and garlic over, flesh side down, and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the whole squash is fork tender (garlic will take the same amount of time). When the squash has cooled, discard seeds and scoop out the flesh into a bowl and set aside. (You will not use all of the squash for the sauce).
4. Transfer 2 cups of the roasted squash and garlic to a blender or food processor adding 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 Tbsp. cream (for garlic, simply squeeze out the “flesh” by squeezing it, cut side down, with your fingers). Purée until creamy and smooth, adding more cream or a touch of water if it's too thick. The consistency should be creamy and spreadable (not pourable). Add salt & pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 2 Tbsp. olive oil, broccolini, onion, salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-6 min until veggies are tender, stirring frequently.
6. Unroll refrigerated Classic Pizza Dough on enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Top with 1 cup sauce (you will have leftover sauce, which you can reserve for other pizzas), veggies, sausage (optional), and grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and optional red pepper flakes for a little “heat.” Transfer pizza to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.