A dessert pizza that is sweet, delicious, and ideal to surprise someone you love.
If you like your pizza crust with an extra crunch, you can pre-bake it without toppings (or only tomato sauce) for about 5 minutes in the preheated oven.
If you plan on topping your pizza with a lot of fatty meats or juicy vegetables, brushing on a thin layer of olive oil base can help with containing the moisture during baking.
Raw or fatty meats aren’t going to get fully cooked from a few minutes atop a pizza in the oven. Always pre-cook and drain vegetables that release water while cooking, such as mushrooms.
Exceptions: thin cut pepperoni and prosciutto and some thinly sliced vegetables are fine to top raw.
Use the dough right out of the refrigerator and don’t let it sit on the countertop for too long.
Unroll and keep dough on parchment paper while baking. Paper is oven safe up to 500°F and paper will brown during baking. Cut off or tuck excess paper under the dough, so it isn’t hanging over the baking sheet.
Cutting the dough: If you need to cut the dough, place it on a cutting board to avoid scratching your baking sheet or countertop. If cutting the dough on the baking sheet, ideally use a pizza cutter.
To unroll the dough, remove dough from package and gently separate the dough and parchment paper from the roll, so that the dough on paper begins to lay flat. Be careful not to separate the dough from the parchment paper. There may be some sticking, but the dough and paper should easily pull away from the roll.
Once the dough is lying flat on the baking tray, cut off or tuck any excess paper under, so it does not hang over the edge.
The fastest way to a crispy and chewy crust is cooking the dough directly on a heated surface. Make sure the oven is fully preheated and already hot. A pizza stone or even a simple sheet pan needs ample time to pre-heat. Pizza and Flatbread can also be cooked on a non-heated sheet pan, but always in a pre-heated oven.
You can brush the dough edges with olive oil. Do it right before it goes in the oven and/or right after it comes out. You'll get great color, crunch and flavor.
1. Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla, one egg and cocoa powder until smooth.
2. Unroll refrigerated Classic Pizza Dough and line edges of pizza with chocolate chips (1 cup total). Lightly brush 1/2 in. strip of egg wash on inside of chocolate chips, and roll the long and short sides of dough over chocolate chips (for chocolate filled crust). Seal with egg wash.
3. Brush crust with melted butter and sprinkle crust generously with sugar, as well as on the center of pizza.
4. Spoon cream cheese mixture into center of pizza and spread evenly to edge of crust. Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F and let cool completely.
5. Toast sliced almonds on baking sheet for 8 minutes at 375°F.
6. Spread cherry preserves over cheesecake and melt remaining chocolate chips and drizzle over cherries. Sprinkle almonds over pizza.