These pretzel bites are the perfect snack for any event! Using our classic refrigerated pizza dough.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Unroll refrigerated Classic Pizza Dough onto lightly floured counter. Cut dough into thirds and squeeze each third into a log and then roll out into a rope about 1-in. in thickness. Cut rope into equal size pieces and place on parchment lined baking sheet (using the parchment from the dough package). Repeat with remaining two pieces.
3. Mix baking soda with 4 cups of water and bring to a boil, dissolving baking soda. With a batch of 6-8 at a time, drop the dough pieces into the water and boil for 20 seconds. Remove with a strainer and place pretzel bites back on baking sheet. Repeat with all remaining dough pieces.
4. Place the enclosed parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread out the dough pieces. Brush all pieces with egg wash and top with pretzel salt (salt optional).
5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until nicely brown in color.
6. Meanwhile, to make the dipping sauce, heat heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. When cream starts to boil but before it comes to a full boil, drop to a simmer and lightly salt to taste, whisking constantly. Once cream starts to thicken, add cheese and stir. Once the cheese melts, taste and adjust seasoning. Remove cheese sauce to a bowl and top with a sprinkling of cayenne if desired.