These playful dough-men are the perfect holiday treat to make with your family.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough and cut five of each size of the cookie cutters out of the dough. Depending on the cutters you have, you may get six sets of three or have extra dough left over to make additional puffs.
3. Brush the tops of each circle with melted butter, place on baking tray, utilizing parchment paper from dough. Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. With a mixer, whisk heavy whipping cream, confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and cloves until stiff. Cover and store in fridge until ready to pipe into puff rounds.
5. Using a stick or baking tool, poke a hole into the side of each puff. Fill a piping bag with the cream and gently pipe into each individual puff. When you see the puff expand, you will know it is filled.
6. To form the snowman, place one of each size puffs on a plate so that the puffs touch and form a snowman body. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
7. To make the snowmen hats, use chocolate bar pieces that can be placed next to the smallest puff, forming a hat shape.
8. Place two pretzel rods in the middle puffs as arms.
9. To make the snowman’s face and buttons, place mini morsels in the preferred placement on the snowman. Add a small slice of carrot for the nose.