Red beets and goat cheese on puff pastry - a combination made in heaven!
1. For Beet Pesto: Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Peel and chop beets it into ½ in. cubes and place the pieces on a large baking sheet. Add chopped garlic and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until beets are soft and juices are seeping out. Allow beets to cool completely.
3. Add all beet pesto ingredients (except for the oil) to a food processor or blender and pulse several times. Leaving the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil until all ingredients are well combined. If the pesto is too thick for your blender to process, add a small amount of water until desired consistency is reached.
4. Tart Assembly: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough with parchment paper onto baking sheet, and cut long side in 6 dough strips.
5. Spread the beet pesto over each strip, leaving a ¼ in. border uncovered. Add the beet greens, followed by the goat cheese (broken into small pieces) and mozzarella. Note: the beet greens will cook down in the oven.
6. Bake tart until edges are golden brown (about 20 min). Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve warm.