The easiest way to use your Thanksgiving leftovers to create something new.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Peel, dice, and boil sweet potato until tender.
3. In a small pot, melt and brown the butter and add the chopped sage.
4. In a mixing bowl, mash the sweet potato and incorporate the sage brown butter, maple syrup and salt.
5. Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough and assemble pockets by cutting 5” round circles out of the dough. Add one tablespoon of ricotta in the lower third of the dough, along with an equal amount of the sweet potato. Fold one edge of the pocket over to envelop the filling and crimp the edges.
6. Place in oven to bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes.