1. Take the refrigerated Pie Crust Dough out of the fridge 15 min. before usage. Preheat oven to 360°F. Unroll the tempered Pie Crust Dough on parchment paper. Using a round cookie cutter (about 4 in.), cut out 6 circles, including the parchment paper (might need to cut with scissors).
2. Press the dough circles with parchment paper loosely into the molds of a muffin tin to create little “baskets.” Pierce the base of each basket multiple times with a fork.
3. Lay an additional piece of parchment paper over each dough circle and add pie weights (or pie weight alternative such as dry beans) on top of parchment paper. Blind bake the dough on the center rack of the preheated oven for 5-6 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the pie weights/dry beans with parchment paper from the dough bites and bake for another 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool, and carefully remove the dough bites from the muffin tin.
5. To make the filling, pour 1/3 cup hot heavy cream over the chocolate. Stir well until the chocolate has melted. In a separate bowl, beat together ½ cup heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 tbs. orange zest until stiff. Fold in the chocolate mixture until combined. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
6. Distribute the chocolate filling in each of the bites and garnish with more orange zest and candied violets (optional!).