This delicious quiche is a great way to get your greens! Healthy, fresh, and light.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Take the refrigerated Pie Crust Dough out of the fridge 15 min. before usage. Unroll the tempered Pie Crust Dough on parchment paper. With the help of the paper, flip the dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Using your fingers, form a ¾ -1-in.-high edge around the inside of the pan. Pierce the dough with a fork at evenly spaced intervals.
2. In a saucepan, heat butter and oil and braise the green onion rings for 2-3 minutes. Add the frozen spinach and simmer over low heat for 5-6 minutes while stirring continuously.
3. Transfer the spinach mixture to a bowl. Stir in cream cheese, egg, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs. Season generously with salt, pepper, and freshly grated nutmeg.
4. Distribute the spinach filling evenly over the dough. Using a spoon, make a depression in each quarter section of the dough. Place 1 raw egg yolk in each depression and season with salt and pepper.
5. Unroll the second refrigerated Pie Crust Dough and remove the parchment paper. Carefully lay the dough over the filling. Using your fingers, press the dough edges together. Remove excess dough that falls over the side.
6. Sprinkle the edges of the quiche with 3 Tbsp. of sliced almonds and bake on the bottom rack of the oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown. If the top gets too brown, cover the surface with aluminum foil. Remove from the oven and serve hot.