These cute pastries are fruity and sweet. A great dessert for a brunch or holiday celebration!
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Cut apricots in half and remove pit. Put in sauce pan with water and 2 Tbsp. of sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, then rinse. Remove skin with a knife and your thumb. (To save time you can use canned peaches or apricot halves).
3. Use the Puff Pastry Dough right out of the refrigerator. Unroll the refrigerated dough with the parchment paper onto the baking tray, and cut into 6 squares (2 vertical cuts, 1 cut lengthwise).
4. Place 2 apricot halves on each square, diagonally, and sprinkle with sugar. Fold in 2 corners of the dough, then ‘glue’ the tips with some water and press down slightly. Brush dough with egg wash.
5. Bake for 15 min. or until the dough is golden brown. Let cool slightly and top with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.