Give someone you love Roses…. Or better yet, make them these Wine Tinted Apple Rose Tarts.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place whole peeled apples in small saucepan and add red wine, then add enough water to cover. Add sugar and rosemary. Simmer on low heat, cover with lid for 4-5 minutes. Turn off and let apples sit in liquid. Set aside.
3. While apples are poaching, mix blue cheese, walnuts and herbs with mixer.
4. Next, unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment paper and cut dough into squares large enough to fill a large greased muffin tin. Poke the bottom of the dough in the tin, and use pie weights while blind baking dough for 20 minutes. Once slightly cooled, remove blind baked dough from tins and put on baking sheet (*see tips).
5. Remove apples from poaching liquid and thinly slice. Spoon blue cheese mixture into bottom of tart shell and arrange slices of poached apple in a circle resembling a rose.
6. Brush crust and top of apple with melted butter and bake for an additional 10 minutes.