These Baked Pears in Puff Pastry, stuffed with almond and brie filling are an impressive appetizer!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toast almonds in a dry pan. Once almonds are cooled, process in a food processor with brown sugar, butter, salt and cinnamon. Process until a smooth paste is formed. Set aside in refrigerator.
3. Next, unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment paper and cut the dough into 6 pear shapes. Use the excess trimmings to make 4 leaves and cut with a knife.
4. Cut brie into 6 chunks that will fit into the hollowed out cavity of the pear where the core once was. Then fill the pears with almond mixture and add a chunk of brie cheese and lay pear cut side down onto pastry. Roll edge of pear shaped dough to keep brie in form while baking.
5. Brush the pastry with egg wash.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.