These bite size desserts are absolutely delicious! Serve with fresh whipped cream.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare the caramel filling by mixing together the coconut, pecans, dulce de leche and pinch of salt. Set aside.
3. For the apple filling, peel and chop the apples. Heat pan on medium heat for a few minutes then add butter. Once the butter has melted, add the apples, sugar and cinnamon. Stirring occasionally, cook until the apples are tender. Set aside.
4. Next, grease a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment. Cut dough into 3 inch squares, forming approximately 15 squares. Place each square into the muffin tin. Brush each dough cup with melted butter and put 1 Tbsp. of caramel mixture into each cup, pressing down. Then, top each with apple mixture. Repeat 14 times.
5. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
6. When ready to serve, top with fresh whipped cream. These are delicious served warm or at room temperature.