1. Take the refrigerated Pie Crust Dough out of the fridge 15 min. before usage. Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 425°F.
2. Whisk 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Stir in cherries, lemon juice, and French vanilla pulp; set aside.
3. Unroll tempered Pie Crust Dough on parchment paper. With help of the paper, flip the dough into a 9-in. glass pie pan. Remove paper and press firmly against bottom and sides. Trim dough overhang to 1/2 inch. Roll out second dough and keep on parchment paper. Using a large knife or pastry wheel with fluted edge, cut ten 3/4-in.-wide strips from dough round.
4. Transfer filling to dough-lined dish, mounding slightly in center. Dot with butter. Arrange dough strips atop filling, forming lattice; trim dough strip overhang to 1/2 inch. Fold bottom crust up over ends of strips and crimp edges to seal. Brush lattice crust (not edges) with milk. Sprinkle lattice with remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar.
5. Place pie on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Bake pie until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown, about 60 minutes or longer, covering edges with foil collar if browning too quickly (check after 20 min). Transfer pie to rack and cool completely. Cut into wedges and serve with vanilla ice cream (optional).