Easy yet sophisticated! Perfect for wine pairing and a tasty centerpiece on the cheese board... yum!
1. Remove refrigerated Pie Crust Dough from fridge 15 minutes before preparing to use.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Unroll the Pie Crust Dough package, and using a circle cutter or bowl of 4.5 inches, cut four circles out of each dough. Use the included parchment paper to line a baking tray.
4. Meanwhile, cut the prosciutto into small pieces.
5. Spread 2 Tbsp. of fig jam on the whole circle, leaving a border along the edge. Add several pieces of the prosciutto.
6. Add 1-2 Tbsp. of gorgonzola crumbles to each circle, and then 1 Tbsp. of mozzarella to each circle.
7. Fold pie in half, and using a fork, press down firmly to make an edge around the pie. Brush with egg wash.
8. Cut several slits in the top of the pies, then place onto the parchment-lined sheet tray and place into oven. Bake for 22 minutes, then remove to cool slightly before serving.
9. Tip: You can use the dough scraps to make an easy same-tray-dessert: cut in shapes, brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon - voila!