Hints of organge in a dreamy rich chocolate ricotta pie. Yum!
1. Preheat oven to 370°F. Take the refrigerated Pie Crust Dough out of the fridge 15 min. before usage.
2. Unroll the refrigerated Pie Crust Dough into a 9-inch pie plate and flute edges.
3. Heat ½ cup whipping cream over low. Add the chocolate and stir to combine. Once completely mixed, set aside to cool.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat the ricotta and orange zest on low speed until smooth. Gradually add the sugar, whipping cream, rum and finally the melted and cooled chocolate until the whole mixture comes together. Whip several minutes until mixture thickens. Place the filling into the tart pan.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until the center filling is set. Cool completely and dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.