These Puff Pastry poppers make the perfect appetizer for Halloween. Great for kids and adults!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Whip cream cheese with aged sharp cheddar cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt.
3. Cut jalapeños length-wise and cut out seeds and white flesh with pairing knife. Pat peppers dry with paper towel and fill peppers with cheese mixture.
4. Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Cut dough's short side into 20-24 strips about a quarter inch thick each. Wrap filled jalapeño with one strip of cut dough, wrapping around popper to make a mummy.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden. Let cool slightly.
6. Using a Sriracha bottle, pipe two red eyes on each popper. Serve with mango chutney (optional) .