These delicious envelopes make a perfect starter or can be paired with a salad for a light meal.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Slowly brown the sesame seeds in a dry pan over low heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Cut the puff pastry into 6 even squares (2 cuts on long side and cut in half on the short side).
4. For the filling, mix the feta, peppers, olives, and honey in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Evenly distribute the filling in the middle of the squares, brushing edges of the dough with small amount of water and then folding all four corners inward and pinching to form an envelope with each dough.
5. Brush the filled envelopes with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Bake them for 15 minutes until browned and nicely puffed.
7. Remove baked envelopes from oven and garnish with fresh basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.