Enjoy a sweet, easy & patriotic treat on Memorial Day or 4th of July weekend!
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Using a small 1 or 1 1/2 inch circle cutter, cut as many circles as possible out of dough. Line a cookie sheet with included parchment paper and arrange circles on parchment.
3. Brush circles with egg wash. Mix one Tbsp. sugar with 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and dust the top of pastry circles. Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack.
4. Meanwhile, wash berries, cut off tops, and cut into small, even pieces.
5. In a separate medium bowl, combine Mascarpone and honey with remaining cinnamon. Mix together and adjust honey and/or cinnamon to taste.
6. To make sugar icing: In another bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with milk and vanilla. Mix sugar icing well and set aside.
7. Once pastry bites are cool, carefully separate the tops and bottoms, and using a plastic bag with a hole cut in the bottom, fill the bottoms with a dollop of Mascarpone. Fill with strawberries and then place tops back on. Drizzle with icing.