These savory croissants using our puff pastry dough are stuffed full of flavor...great for brunch or as an appetizer!
1. Preheat oven to 425℉.
2. In nonstick pan, warm oil and sauté onion until it starts to soften, about 1 minute. Add the green onion and spinach and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Add the ricotta cheese and stir until some liquid evaporates and it begins to hold together, about 2 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and let cool.
3. Stir the mozzarella into the ricotta mixture.
4. Next, unroll the refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet. Cut the dough sheet in 6 evenly shaped triangles by cutting it in 3 same sized rectangulars (top to bottom) and then 3 times diagonally to get triangles. At wide end of the triangle, place approx. 3 Tbsp. of the mixture onto the dough, and roll up to form a croissant, sealing in the ingredients inside. Repeat.
5. Shape each croissant and brush with egg wash.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.