Perfect for tailgating! Make the pastry in advance and top with pulled pork & slaw when ready to eat
1. Braise your own pork with the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and water for 6 hours in a crock pot on low (or buy your favorite pulled BBQ).
2. Make the orange vinaigrette for the slaw: In a blender, combine orange juice and zest, mustard and vinegar. With blender running, slowly add olive oil and salt. Set aside.
3. Unroll refrigerated Puff Pastry Dough on the enclosed parchment paper and place on a baking sheet and preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 1/2 in. off of each short side. Cut two 1/2 in. strips off each long side. All of this dough will be used on the dough rectangle to build “boxes.” Slightly stretch dough strips and lay around the edges of rectangle, cutting ends when necessary. Using long dough pieces and cuttings, slightly stretch to lay a grid lattice (lay one strip down the middle length-wise, and four strips horizontally). Brush with egg wash, and poke small holes on the inside of each box and cut into 8 boxes.
4. Space the 8 boxes on the parchment paper and bake for 20 minutes or until each box is puffed and golden.
5. Remove and drain meat from crockpot. Allow to cool 25 minutes then shred. Toss with BBQ sauce and season with salt.
6. Make slaw by combining apple, jicama, tarragon and the orange vinaigrette.
7. Assemble by putting the pulled pork BBQ inside each box then top with slaw.