1. Take Wewalka refrigerated Pie Crust Dough out of the fridge 15 min. before usage. Preheat the oven to 360°F. Unroll tempered Pie Crust Dough on parchment paper. With the help of the paper, flip into a 9-in. pie pan and press against bottom and sides. Trim overhanging dough or fold under. Prick with fork many times.
2. Lay an additional piece of parchment paper on the dough and add pie weights (or pie weight alternative such as dry beans) on top of parchment paper. Blind bake for about 10-15 min, or until light brown. Let cool.
3. Almond mix: combine almonds and flour. Beat the eggs with butter, vanilla extract and Grand Marnier until smooth. Add the almond-flour and mix until combined; let cool in refrigerator for 15 min.
4. Remove stems of fresh figs and slit the top in a cross pattern.
5. Evenly spread almond mix on baked crust; place figs and press in lightly so that they open up, looking star-shaped. Bake in preheated oven for another 35 minutes.
6. Warm up brown sugar with honey and sweet dessert wine (or water), and generously brush over baked tart. Pluck fresh thyme and together with fresh grated orange peel, sprinkle over tart. Serve with cinnamon-mascarpone mix.
Recipe Tip: You can substitute fresh figs with apples or pears.